Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Allow Myself to Introduce Myself

Hello there monkeys, my name is Michael F. Krenek and you have stumbled upon my little corner of the web. You'll soon know me as the handsome half of the brand new daily show on Fox Sports 1310AM, "The Shore Sports Report." My intrepid co-host Joe Giglio and I will be entering into your homes (via the magic of radio...otherwise, we'd be headed to jail) every Monday thru Friday, 3-5pm, bringing you the biggest sports news from up and down the Jersey Shore. High school, college, national, you name it, we'll cover it. That's how we roll. We'll be talking to the top atheletes and coaches from all over New Jersey, plus some pro sports personalities. Think of our program as a delicious ice cream sundae. The top local and national sports stories will be the base of our show...the ice cream, if you will. (Any flavor you like...except Rum Rasin. Unless you're over the age of 75. ) The guests? A delicious topping! Joe and I will provide a unique "whipped cream" of humor (and forced analogies) that only we can bring to the table. What's the cherry you may ask? Why, your phone calls of course! From opening til closing, we'll be taking your calls on any sports topic your little hearts desire. Want to give us your expert opinion/analysis of the latest sports stories? Go right ahead! The show is from the Shore, for the Shore, by...well not BY the Shore, but by two guys who have lived on the Shore for many years. I'll be using this blog as a companion to the program, the chaser to the hard (yet tasty) shot of sports news you'll be taking every day. Here you'll be able to get my extended opinions and analysis and leave the obscene comments the FCC won't allow us to air! Something for everyone, I like to think.

A few quick things to know about me:
-I'm a die hard Seattle Seahawks, Seattle Mariners, and Indiana Pacers fan.
-I'm aware of how weird that makes me.
-I'm also aware the grand majority of you could care less about my favorite teams, so I'll keep the chatter to a minimum.
-I'm a proud graduate of Monsignor Donovan High School.
-I'm a semi-proud graduate of DeSales University in Allentown, PA.
-I've dreamed of being a sports talk radio personality since I was just a little fella.
-I really enjoy baked goods.


There you have it folks. Mike Krenek in a nutshell. Hopefully, we'll be getting to know each other better over these next few months. Don't forget to tune in to Fox Sports 1310AM every Monday-Friday from 3-5pm, starting Monday March 9th. Until then, I'm Mike Krenek, reporting from the Shore, for the Shore.


www.foxsports1310.com

2 comments: