Friday, October 30, 2009

Week 8 Picks: Now with 100% More Ties!

I'm so disgusted. Thanks to the Houston Texans, I have to walk around the rest of the season with the football equivalent of Hester Prynne's Scarlet "A"...the tie. Yes that disgusting extra dash will now be attached to my record the rest of the year. So let's here it for Gary Kubiak, Mike Singletary, and everyone else who made it possible for me to have this extra little "1" to lug around for the next 11 weeks!!! As my intrepid co-host pointed out however, at least everyone who picked the game has to deal with the tie. Its nice to know I'm not suffering alone. Anyway, a red hot start last week propelled me to over .500 once again! It would have been a legendary week, but I had been taking heavy hallucinogens and decided that choosing the Buccaneers and Redskins was the right choice. Luckily, I've cleaned up and am ready to take the jump from "Pretty OK" to "OK".


WEEK 8 PICKS:
Giants (PK) over EAGLES
JETS (-3) over Dolphins
COWBOYS (-9.5) over Seahawks
Texans (-3.5) over BILLS
COLTS (-12) over 49ers
Browns (+13) over BEARS
RAVENS (-3.5) over Broncos
TITANS (-3) over Jaguars
LIONS (-3.5) over Rams
PACKERS (-3) over Vikings
CHARGERS (-16.5) over Raiders
Panthers (+10) over CARDINALS

MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL:
Falcons (+10) over SAINTS

and for the hell of it
Pettite (-1.5) over HAMELS

RECORD SO FAR:
51-50-1

No comments:

Post a Comment